Kukkuniiaat version 3
Kukkuniiaat (spellchecker) in the Office Store for Microsoft Office Word for Windows, Mac, iPad and Online.
Kukkuniiaat can be installed via Google Docs and Microsoft Office
– Be aware that even though the Office Store says Word 2016+ for Windows, not all editions of 2016 work – it depends on where you got your 2016 from. It’s best with Word 356:
If you cannot find Kukkuniiaat in the Office Store or are in a domain where your administrator has to approve and roll out add-ins for employees, then you need to use these links:
- Manifest: mso.xml
- Domæne deployment: manage-deployment-of-add-ins
- Sideloading: test-debug-office-add-ins#
For Microsoft Office on Windows
Note that the word separator must be downloaded separately!
To LibreOffice or OpenOffice on Windows or Mac
- If you don’t have LibreOffice om your computer already, download it.
- Download Java SE og install it on your computer
- Download Kukkuniiaat (It’s the same ‘Spellchecker (54MiB)‘ you can get above)
- Open LibreOffice then go to: Preferences → Advanced → Java Options → choose the latest Java
- Go to: Tools → Extension Manager
- Choose Add
- Choose kukkuniiaat.oxt and go to: Open
- Quit LibreOffice and restart it
- Go to: Preferences and below Language Settings, go to: Languages
- On the: Default Languages for Documents choose Kalaallisut then press the Apply-botton
- Kukkuniiaat is ready to use!