Oqaasileriffik is an independent Greenlandic institution under the Ministry of Culture, Education, Research and Church.
Oqaasileriffik is the secretariat for Parliament committees for language questions.
Oqaasileriffik working for
- The Greenland Language Committee
- The Greenland Place Names Committee
- The Committee for Personal Names
- Language Technology
Oqaasileriffik’s main objectives include:
- to collect and maintain information on Greenlandic language and language usage
- to stay updated on changes in the spoken Greenlandic language
- to carry out research on Greenlandic as a second language
- membership of the Nordic Language Council and ICC’s Language Commission